Cookies are essential to save items into the shopping bag etc. We do not engage in targeted marketing/tailored advertising. To comply with the e-Privacy directive, we need to ask for your consent to set the cookies. Learn more.
Black sash belt, leather obi style tie belt 3" wide
Black sash belt / obi style belt made from black leather nappa. Likely to be the belt you wear the most.
If out of stock see the 4 inch black obi belt in leather we sell.
- Finest quality napa obi style belt - soft leather, durable and dry colourfast.
- One size that fits nearly all. 3"/8cm at widest point – great even without a supermodel length torso. See size tab for additional info.
- This deluxe obi belt has a lined central panel (doesn’t ruin the drape at all) and with our expert finishing ensures it doesn’t roll up as you wear it.
- There is a slit at one side of the central panel so it will sit neatly at the back.
- A versatile belt you can wear often plus it still fits you if your weight fluctuates. Please note though that it does not flatter apple body shapes.
- Handmade in the UK exclusively for Once Upon a Belt to a very high standard.
- We are sure to have the perfect belt, leather or suede, for you with our wide plethora of colours and widths from 3.5cm for those very short waisted to 4" in obi belts and tie belts.
How to wear an obi belt
Traditionally you wear an obi belt tied around the waist under the bust (Japanese obi belt style) –double round, then double simple knot to simply let ties hang down or create a bow which can be front, side or back. See our video showing how to tie an obi belt. This is a great cinch belt for hourglass curves or adding curves and in 3’ can also be worn lower down or on the hips – experiment to find your sweet spot. So many options for how to tie your sash belt and damn, it looks good! Our dedicated obi site will show you how to tie an obi belt and outfit ideas e.g. adds delectable style to shapeless dresses and sweaters. Has limitless potential – wear over cardigans, jackets and coats too.